We are back with another cleaning recipe, this one for your windows and mirrors! Traditional window cleaners contain toxic and harmful chemicals. Trade out your store bought cleaner for a homemade cleaning solution that utilizes common household products. The below recipe is suitable for windows, mirrors, and glass surfaces.
- 2 cups of distilled water
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 1/4 cup of isopropyl -rubbing- alcohol (at least 70% concentration)
- 1-2 drops of essential oil (optional, for a pleasant scent)
Other Required Items
- Newspaper or a lint free cloth
- Clean spray bottle
- In a clean spray bottle, combine the distilled water, white vinegar, and rubbing alcohol. The vinegar helps break down grease and grime while the alcohol helps the mixture evaporate quickly, reducing streaks.
- If you’d like to add a pleasant scent to your window cleaner, you can add 1-2 drops of essential oil at this point. Lemon, lavender, or tea tree oil are popular choices for window cleaners.
- Screw the spray nozzle onto the bottle and gently shake to mix the ingredients.
- To use the natural window cleaner, spray it onto the glass surface you want to clean.
- Wipe the glass with a lint-free cloth or newspaper in a circular or zigzag motion until the glass is clean and streak-free.
- For stubborn spots or residue, you can spray a bit more of the solution directly on the problem area and then wipe it clean.
- Enjoy your clean, non-toxic and streak free windows!
You now have clean windows and mirrors, all while protecting your health and the environment. Need help cleaning your windows, mirrors or other parts of your home? Supreme Clean is ready and happy to clean your home using organic, non-toxic, safe and effective methods. Call us today to discuss options and rates (415) 519-7404!